AuxPortesDuMetal
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Something has to be done...

+2
Dominator
markso
6 participants

Something has to be done... Empty Something has to be done...

Message  markso Jeu 23 Juil - 3:06

I would still consider myself new to the whole yvd world, but am no stranger to tournies/reg/sjc/teams. I truly feel there has to be something done with how this clan is operating. Like I said, I'm no Einstein at this, but with 3 good members leaving in the last week I stopped and wondered the possible outcome of these events. Wether it be people with different opinions, some are sensitive to others' criticism and comments, or just feeling like ther's nothing much action going on with the clan. Maybe it's Dom not being here to look over everything that's going on. Maybe it's people not respecting others. But guys, remember that this is a clan; a united bond between allies. To help one another grow and do well in the world of YGO. If we're here to badmouth, disrespect, or not care about other's imputs, why be in the clan?

I really like this clan even though I've only been in it for a couple of months. I have no idea wut the hell a half-op is, but I do know when something is not going right. I ask you fellow clan members for your opinions regarding these matters and what you feel can be done to better improve our current clan's state. We need people to contribute and we need people to work together for the good of the clan. Hope to hear some responses. Have a great day.
markso
markso
Noob
Noob

http://www.redtube.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Something has to be done... Empty Re: Something has to be done...

Message  Dominator Jeu 23 Juil - 6:24

Its pretty simple clans thrive or die cause of the leadership. I'm not going to be on for atleast another 2 weeks or more. So either someone steps up as a leader and recruits, gets people active etc... or the clan will die. Its pretty funny people always ask for sop or owner but when someone is needed, no one stepping up to show they deserve it.
Dominator
Dominator
Admin

Message  Cerebros Jeu 23 Juil - 22:09

yea sorry for being inactive i had job and stuff to worry about, im on now , finished my job and everything so ill be on all the time and hopefully get everything back up.

Cerebros
Noob
Noob

Message  The Paradoxical Entity Jeu 23 Juil - 22:26

Earlier on i was considering leaving, but I wont do that.

I am here for whatever you ask, whatever you need, and to critique ur every move Razz

Problems:

Forum Control- all of the moderators have either left or become inactive.

Member Activity- Not Very Much

I would go further.
The Paradoxical Entity
The Paradoxical Entity
Noob
Noob

Message  Dominator Sam 25 Juil - 6:18

Cerebros a écrit:yea sorry for being inactive i had job and stuff to worry about, im on now , finished my job and everything so ill be on all the time and hopefully get everything back up.

Nice of you to stop by Zion er Cerebros Smile
Dominator
Dominator
Admin

Message  Florentc Sam 25 Juil - 7:47

Reputation as at an all-time low. That's why we can't get any new members. Clans like #god can stay alive with few members because they are good. We just need to get the best remaining members we do have and win wars and gain our reputation back.
Florentc
Florentc
Legend
Legend

http://www.myspace.com/florent22000

Message  Dominator Dim 26 Juil - 5:11

[eL]PapaSmurf a écrit:Reputation as at an all-time low. That's why we can't get any new members. Clans like #god can stay alive with few members because they are good. We just need to get the best remaining members we do have and win wars and gain our reputation back.

LOL we didn't become the biggest clan by winning wars. It was because our channel was active and our members werent assholes.
Dominator
Dominator
Admin

Message  Florentc Dim 26 Juil - 6:33

Think I don't know that? I'm talking about now getting it back into shape. Everyone knows we're almost dead and desperate for members and they have better options for clans. If we win soon and often, why wouldn't they want to join again?
Florentc
Florentc
Legend
Legend

Message  Dominator Lun 27 Juil - 3:43

[eL]PapaSmurf a écrit:Think I don't know that? I'm talking about now getting it back into shape. Everyone knows we're almost dead and desperate for members and they have better options for clans. If we win soon and often, why wouldn't they want to join again?

Apparently you don't, when we had our best war record we had less people. Most people don't want to put up with assholes and want an active clan. Don't you notice most of those supposed "good" players are always making or joining new clans.
Dominator
Dominator
Admin

Message  The Paradoxical Entity Lun 27 Juil - 21:22

Now lets talk about reform.

Before, it was not wars that gave us popularity, but member activity.

And because we cant have member activity without members, we can no longer rely on that FOR NOW.

So yes, we should regroup war team and win more wars. That is a possibility.

But that won't be enough. We can win 10 wars in a row, lack member activity and still have problems recruiting.

We need something that other clans ain't got.

One thing we do have is a decent forum. We should fix it. In fact, the sole reason im still here is b/c no other clan has an active forum. We used to, and i want that magic again.

We need members, and we also need good members. (them both)

Any ideas?

--------------------

Also, maybe we need duelist education. If we just recruit, then we're just adding members. But if we make our members better duelists, maybe our clan can become more elite and thus attract more members.

I can't recruit currently b/c whenever someoene heres the term "#element" they join the channel for a few seconds and leave.

Just trying to recruit won't cut it.

If we don't try something within 10 more days, I think I'll have to leave...But I hate to turn my back on you guys just yet, even if I dont really matter that much to you people...
The Paradoxical Entity
The Paradoxical Entity
Noob
Noob

Message  Florentc Mar 28 Juil - 1:02

Look at the facts. IRC activity has been gradually decreasing and anyone who is good enough or even wants to be in a clan already is one. As much as I like our forums, Para, there's only few that are forum active. People just want to be able to look for a duel. The only way we could possibly increase membership, is by attracting members from other clans, but seeing as our clan has completely dwindled in numbers, I don't really see it as a possibility unless we can somehow entice people away from his/her clan.
Florentc
Florentc
Legend
Legend

Message  [eL]`Light Mar 28 Juil - 2:00

Well the way we could really get more people is to recruit from forums ad get more ppl on Irc again to get it up and running Like 4 years ago. When the were lots of activity everywhere

[eL]`Light
Admin

https://clanelement.darkbb.com

Message  The Paradoxical Entity Mar 28 Juil - 4:48

that sounds hard lol.

No Papa, ur not completely true. We'll have to recruit noobs though.

`Light, go ahead and try it.

dont just cite issues, cite solutions! lol.
The Paradoxical Entity
The Paradoxical Entity
Noob
Noob

Message  Dominator Mer 29 Juil - 2:53

Doesn't really matter how you get members as long as you can get them. I usually get them in yvd or in random convo's.
Dominator
Dominator
Admin

Message  [eL]`Light Mer 29 Juil - 13:11

Alright now that the clan has a foundation again. I plan on cleaning up these orums firstcause it looks kinda messy atm. Lol. And i aso pln t start recruitin hardcore. We should get this clan back going as strong as it used to be in the matter of no time. Papa and the thers are going to help as well.

[eL]`Light
Admin

Message  Dominator Jeu 30 Juil - 0:30

[eL]`Light a écrit:Alright now that the clan has a foundation again. I plan on cleaning up these orums firstcause it looks kinda messy atm. Lol. And i aso pln t start recruitin hardcore. We should get this clan back going as strong as it used to be in the matter of no time. Papa and the thers are going to help as well.

This is what I like to hear somebody talking about taking some initiative. Smile
Dominator
Dominator
Admin

Message  [eL]`Light Jeu 30 Juil - 12:13

Well there has been some recruiting done some fresh members are in there and some old ones are starting to show back up

[eL]`Light
Admin

Message  Dominator Ven 31 Juil - 3:46

[eL]`Light a écrit:Well there has been some recruiting done some fresh members are in there and some old ones are starting to show back up

Good I should be back in a couple weeks to help build up the clan again.
Dominator
Dominator
Admin

Message  [eL]`Light Ven 31 Juil - 12:46

That is good man. Good to hear from you actually. I wouldnt let element die.

[eL]`Light
Admin

Message  Dominator Sam 1 Aoû - 0:15

Good to hear Smile
Dominator
Dominator
Admin

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé